For more information about Switchboard Panel services
Wells Group company Western Switchgear Ltd provides Switchboard Panel assemblies to customer requirements and specifications.
WESTERN SWITCHGEAR LTD
(06) 758 3758
Wells Group company Western Switchgear Ltd provides Switchboard Panel assemblies to customer requirements and specifications
The company was formed in 1985 to meet a clear need for high quality, custom built, low voltage Switchboards, Motor Control Centres and Control and Distribution Panels.
To be a leader in its field, Western Switchgear set out the following clearly defined objectives at the time of its formation:
- A company driven to achieve its objectives
- To produce a quality product at a competitive price
- To achieve the highest possible quality standards
- To provide solutions to customer needs
- Management and staff focused on customer satisfaction
As an accredited assembler of CUBIC Type tested MCC Panels, the company is able to design, manufacture and service the following custom built products;
- CUBIC Type Tested MCC Panels and Distribution Panels
- Main Switchboards up to 7000 amps
- Electrical Distribution Boards
- Power Factor Correction
- Control Panels and Control Desks
- PLC Cabinets, Field Panels and Marshalling Racks
- Mimic Panels
- Pneumatic Panels
- Retrofitting Electrical Switchboards
- Custom Design & Build of Electrical and Instrumentation Control Panels
The company’s ISO 9001:2008 accreditation means Western Switchgear Ltd has a robust Quality Assurance system.
This Quality Accreditation allows us to predominantly participate in highly specialised industries including the Petrochemical, Dairy, Power Generation, Water and Wastewater Treatment by providing:
- Formal certification of our system demonstrating our commitment to quality, productivity and customer satisfaction.
- The customer with confidence in our ability to deliver products or services that consistently meet their requirements.
- Continued customer confidence in our effectiveness as Telarc regularly reviews our management system for compliance to standards.
- Our management system has been assessed and recognised by New Zealand’s most recognised and established certification body.
The nature of clients places specific emphasis on experience, expertise, capability, reliability and quality.
At Western Switchgear, every staff member is committed to delivering quality products that comply in every respect to the client’s contractual specifications and to regulatory requirements.
Health & Safety Management
Western Switchgear Ltd prides itself on an excellent safety record. As a member of the Wells Group our HSE policy and practices are aligned with and administered by the group.
Through continual commitment to Health and Safety, the group have gained Workplace Safety Management Practices (WSMP) Tertiary Accreditation with ACC, giving us the highest level of attainment for Health and Safety Management.
WESTERN SWITCHGEAR CONTRACTS
Below is a selection of major contracts Western Switchgear Ltd have completed for a range of clients.
For more information on Western Switchgear Limited projects - please Contact Us
21 Distribution and Control Panels were required for the new Rugby Park Stadium floodlighting. The project was completed in July 2002 and valued at $81,000.
YOLLA ACCOMMODATION MODULE
Western Switchgear assembled seven new Distribution Boards and Control Panels as part of the Yolla Accomodation Module project. The project was completed in July 2011, project value $152,000.
KAPUNI PRODUCTION STATION UPGRADE
Western Switchgear completed work for Transfield Worley to upgrade the Kapuni Porduction Station. Including on site replacement of MCC panel. With a project value of $115,000.
DELEGATS WINERY - MARLBOROUGH
Western Switchgear completed work for Transfield Worley to build and install 20 MCC/Control/PLC Panels for the new Delegats winery. The project value was $270.000
BALANCE FERTILISERS DCS CABINET
Western Switchgear completed work for Invensys Triconix to build and install a new DCS and Marshalling cabinet as part of the Balance DCS Upgrades. The project value was $50,000.
PUMP CONTROL PANELS
Western Switchgear completed work for the New Plymouth District council including design and build of 16 off Control and Type Tested MCC Panels for pump and sewerage stations. The project value was $240.000
NEW PLYMOUTH HOSPITAL PROJECT
Western Switchgear assembled the new main switchboard and 31 diverse Distribution and Control Panels for the newly constructed Taranaki Base Hospital Acute Services block. The project was completed May 2010, project value $240,000.